Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 7.0 softkeys not functional during offnet Call connected state

lamusat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an issue with UCM, when on an offnet call the softkey in the connect state are not functional except the Endcall.

Please any idea.

Regards

Olalekan Amsuat

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM does not differentiate softkeys present based on call classification (i.e. OnNet vs. OffNet).  The presence of "End Call" only is typically on the Connected - No Feature line state.  An example of this line state is the Intercom connection (using Intercom lines).  Since you can't Intercom Off Net then I suspect that it is either a phone model/feature thing or the softkey template is configured to only show "End Call".  There is a remote possibility there is a software defect (I haven't searched).

Some questions:

1. What model phone?

2. Does this happen on all phones or just one or one type?

3. You specify Off Net.  Do you actually see a difference in behavior between On Net/Off Net?

4. When you experience this issue, do you see other softkeys and they don't work or do you only see the "End Call" softkey?

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Some questions:

1. What model phone? 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961

2. Does this happen on all phones or just one or one type?

Yes

3. You specify Off Net.  Do you actually see a difference in behavior between On Net/Off Net?

Yes. For On-net calls all the softkey bottons in the connected state are active, and can transfer calls.

But for offnet calls in the connected state only Endcall softkey is active.

4. When you experience this issue, do you see other softkeys and they don't work or do you only see the "End Call" softkey?

I see other softkey, none other that the End Call is functional.

Thanks

Are you using H323 GWs???

If so, make sure the MTP required is check on the GW config and that MTPs are available via the MRGL.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It is a Sip trunk, I didn't check the MTP check box. In my MRG there is no Transcoder thou. Could that have an effect.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: