cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence Phone Midlet and legacy Phone Services

jdacosta21
Level 1
Level 1

When I upgraded to use TelePresence phone midlets from the older XML services method, the Phone UI displays the proper TelePresence User interface but my other legacy Services fail to run properly (e.g. clock.asp from the IP Phone services SDK). When I press the phone services button and select the clock it begins to launch and then gets interuupted and the midlet reloads.

The legacy services work fine on standard VoIP phones but not on the TelePresence phones with midlets. Is there a compatibility issue between TelePresence phone Midlets  legacy phone services? Is there a work arround for this issue?

Thanks

Jim

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

The midlets in TP phone wont allow you to load a different XML service at the same time, thats expected behavior, any reason you want to have both?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cucm_cts/1_6/configuration/guide/cucm_cta_1_6_midlets.html#wp1052908

I wrote an XML phone service to query the CTMS and return the multipoint session details. My customer wants to validate participants who dialed into the static multipoint bridge, then lock the meeting for privacy. The service will launch and run and then gets interrupted by a midlet reload initiated by the CTS codec. I tried changing the idle timer but I get mixed results.

Hi James

Thanks for the clarification, for this one I would engage your local cisco AM, they can redirect you to our dev team/BU which can help you to customize your solution

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: