cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iphone Cisco Mobile 8.0

mantis32
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone using this? What are your thoughts? Is this compatible with the UC500 Series?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe this solution requires Call Manager and a mobility server, so no this solution does not appear to work with the UC500 line of products. It would be a great feature to have. I hope Cisco can come up with something to bring this solution to the smaller outfits out there.

Cole

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

I believe this solution requires Call Manager and a mobility server, so no this solution does not appear to work with the UC500 line of products. It would be a great feature to have. I hope Cisco can come up with something to bring this solution to the smaller outfits out there.

Cole

Yeah that would be nice.

Neat,

I would rather see a form of CUPC client for the iPhone. SNR gives you most of the functionality of the mobile app except saving of minutes. As well if you are out of the office you don't have to WiFi-VPN in to work the system.

Just my thoughts

Bob

just checking to see if anyone came across this issue.

My mobile 8 work over the network / wireless network, but I can not get the mobile 8 to work across the 3g connection. My vpn does connect and everything is working ok but Mobile 8

Help

thanks to ALL

Cisco doesn't support over 3G only Wi-Fi. Did you actually get it to work over the UC 500? It isn't supported as per Cisco

I have not been able to get it to work, nor did I try very hard. I do know that once i get it to work, you are correct it will not work over 3G. I predict lawsuits should any mobile carrier allow VoIP calls to be made over 3G vs wifi.

Cisco recently updated the mobile 8 iphone app and I am now able to get it to work over 3G with vpn.  Call quality is very good.  The next step will be to get ios4 out there and update the client to run in the background.  I use it daily now and it works great but once that happens the client will be extremely useful. I have not tried it yet with UC500.  Has anyone confirmed this working with UC500?

Dear carter,

where can i find out the updated version of cisco mobile 8.0, i think it is 8.1. But its not available in appstore.

Pls help. Thanks in advance

Shijo.

eloy.chio
Level 1
Level 1

It works great.  No Mobile Server required, just CUCM version 7.1(3) or higher.  You will need to apply a Device COP file for 7.1(3) and 8.0(1).  Just as easy as adding another Phone to your CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_mobile/iPhone/8_0/Cisco_Mobile_iPhone_8x_Admin_Guide.html

Hi Elo,

are you use Cisco mobile with the UC500? Is it working?

Regards, Fabien

Is there a Cisco Mobile 8 for RIM?

There are only 2 Dual-Mode Clients for CUCM, Cisco Mobile (for IPhone) and Nokia Call Connect.

The other mobile phones need CUMC with CUMA.

Guixi, All who posted in regards to iPhone and Connectivity to CUCM. CUCME or UC 500

Disclaimer: As an interested party and the solution provided behind Varaha's uMobility offering. I am the VP of Enterprise Sales for Varaha Systems.

The Varaha FMC solution works very nicely on iPhone 3G, 3Gs, iPad and iPod Touch (2nd Generation w/ an external microphone/headset). The OS on the iPhone must be 3.0 or greater. Here is the location of the Varaha client on iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/umobility/id318669449?mt=8

The solution works through standard SIP protocol as a SIP device off the above CUCM systems listed. Varaha requires CUCM 6.x or higher and has installations up to CUCM 8.x in operation today.

Today, uMobility provides "User Assisted Hand-off" as a users moves from the corporate WiFi network to the cellular network. This can be accomplished in a corporate enterprise, home office (using Cisco Office Extend AP, 800 series routers with VPN or as a non-secured connection to a uMobility Controller at the HQ location.) or in the public WiFi environment. This includes locations like a coffee shop, a hotel WiFi network or an airport. Essentially wherever one has access to the public or Private WiFi network, one can connect and make VoWiFi calls, bypassing the cellular network.

The link below is a Varaha Service Provider partner who has deployed uMobility on their Hosted CUCM and is reselling the solution to SMB customers in the New York City area. As you see from the link, the solution is installed and operating on the iPad and registered to CUCM:

http://wms26.streamhoster.com/m5networks/game%20and%20gadgets.wmv

Varaha's solution addresses BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile and Nokia devices, all from a single platform connected to CUCM via SIP Line Side connectivity.

I have attached the most recent copy of the Varaha uMobility User Guide for the iPhone

Jerry Lucas

Vice President, Sales

Varaha Systems

2650 Valley View Ln

Bldg 1, Ste 200

Dallas, TX 75234-6273

Phone:  +1.972.755.1860 (uMobility)

www.varaha.com

uMobility...Mobile Desk, Global Reach

Cisco, I wish you would give your Partners a roadmap of your products

as it seems the current UC roadmap is a shotgun approach, I see this in both the SMB and

Enterprise space. For us internally when we choose a product it seems like a better product or a better solution is available very soon after, making our investment a waisted one.

That being said, we are now looking at the Webex Connect as a solution and I know there will be a Mac/iPhone client coming in the near future. For us this is the best of all worlds (yet to be fully tested), and I hope it will soon be in the SMB space as well.

IMHO

Bob James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: