cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya vs Cisco Voicemail management

mantis32
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unified Voicemail on the UC500 requires an imap profile to be setup on the blackberry and outlook. For the end user, this is one additional location they have to go to check voicemail.

From what I hear with Avaya their voicemail integrates directly with Exchange, so the need for an imap profile or checking for voicemail somewhere else is not needed.

Assuming this is true, can the UC500 or higher end units integrate directly with exchange?

8 Replies 8

The UC500 can send email notifications with the message attached to the email, but native support for Exchange is not a feature of CUE or CUC.  Cisco Unity does support this feature but is not a system geared towards small businesses.

Cole

CUC?

Cisco Unity Connection

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

You can use SMTP to send directly to the clients email, but the phone will still shown a message even after the client listens to, or deletes it from email. This is something the client must decide they want/need.

Internally we chose SMTP so we could get the messages on our iPhones.

I know a Cisco SE that created a script to copy the message from the IMAP mailbox to their Exchange mailbox on a regular basis, so this is another option for you.

Cheers

I have an iphone, why not just setup IMAP on the iphone or BB to retrieve mail.

IMAP is not supported for the iPhone/iPod. It should work for RIM.

Marcos

This is not true as I have an iphone 3gs and have several IMAP accounts setup as well as one exchange account.

I meant when integrated with CUE. Of course the iPhone supports IMAP, but it is not compatible with UC500.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: