cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco SDM

normanjeter
Level 1
Level 1

ok, so I've got an 1841 router with the 15.1 Advanced Security IOS loaded and SDM latest version (4.5?). I am trying to setup a dynamic DNS auto updater on it and it offers several resources with which to do this, but not the one I need. I am trying to set it up to use www.dyndns.org for my dynamic dns updates. My old router (a cheap Linksys with updated but stock firmware) does this without a problem but the closest I can find on my cisco is members.dyndns.org which doesn't work.So My question is this: is there a way to add additional methods of dynamic DNS updates? I've already looked at some of the services it has entries for and really wasn't impressed by any of them. I like dyndns.org for its recursive DNS servers that allow me to setup filtering on several levels. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

normanjeter
Level 1
Level 1

I tried the link you provided and it wouldn't let me get to it. States Forbidden access. I tried under my personal account as well as our corporate account and neither one have access to the partner sites I guess, which is a huge surprise to me as we are a pure cisco shop, and have over a hundred cisco devices between the switches and routers throughout our organization. Is there anyway you can get me a copy of the document you are referencing via another method?

Thanks in advance

Link edited.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card