cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure UC500/CME to display the DDI number dialed by a caller?

matt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm very, very new to the IP telephony world but i'm currently looking at installing a Cisco UC520 with 2 BRI lines. I am confident that i'll be able to configure the system for basic use but I have one very important requirement which is as follows:

• I have multiple, external DDI numbers supplied by the telco that customers call for different businesses, i.e. 123456 for Business A, 246810 for Business B, etc, etc. What i need to know is:

• Is the UC500 capable of being able to display the number that has been dialled by a caller so that the person answering the phone can answer the call appropriately, i.e. an outside caller dials 123456 which then makes multiple IP phones ring (in a hunt group) and on each phone the user sees '123456' or 'Call for Business A' (something like that) and can then answer "Good Morning Business A....". I need to do this for all business numbers, i.e. 246810 for Business B, 34567 for Business C, etc.

• If so, what needs to be done to configure this feature?

Many thanks in advance

Matt Jones

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"service dnis dir-lookup" and configure directory entry as desired.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: