cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to VPN to RV042 in same location.

emesal2000
Level 1
Level 1

Setup is: Cable Modem ------> RV042 (WAN IP: 172.x.x.x, LAN IP: 192.x.x.x) ------> Wireless Router (LAN IP: 10.x.x.x, Wan: 192.x.x.x, Gateway: RV042) -----> Client (IP: 10.x.x.x, Gateway: Wireless Router).

I want to VPN to the RV042 but am unable, even if I put the RV042 WAN ip address. I am able to easily connect to RV042 using PPTP tunnel with built-in Microsoft VPN support; however, I actually want to create a more secure tunnel (VPN) to the RV042 but all I see in the Log is that the QuickVPN software is "Remote gateway wasn't reached". Has anyone been able to use QuickVPN to establish a VPN tunnel to their RV042 inside the network?

2 Replies 2

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Ok, I have a lot of questions; basically I didn't understand the purpose of the VPN connection or how you are trying to accomplish it.

- First of all, why do you need a VPN connection on your internal LAN?

- Second, what is the other end of the connection? Where are you trying to connect from?

- How are you connecting using PPTP?

Please post some more information about this so we can understand it better.

Thanks

Emesal ,

Change the RV042 LAN IP Address to any other IP Address /  Subnet other than 192.168.1.1. ( Default IP Address ).

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: