cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975g Factory default

kingofshadows86
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco 3800 voice bundle and phone 7975g, When I connect the phone to the network it is try to communicate with CME but it did not register, when I checked the massage status inside the phone it shows "Can't find file:...cfg.html", I reset the phone to the factory default, when it boot it is try to upgrade the image but it shows error, and keep booting without any image. What is the solution for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

Could you collect the following and attach it here:

++     show run

++     show flash

++     show version

++     MAC address of the IP Phone.

++     Is auto registration enabled?

Enable the following debugs, factory reset the phone and capture the output:

++     debug tftp events

++     debug ephone register

--

Harmit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Properly configure CME to provide the firmware and XML configuration files to the phone.

The firmware is erased from the phone when you perform a factory reset. The phone needs to be able to retrieve this from the CME TFTP server. Once that is done, it will then look for it's configuration file. This needs to be generated once you have properly configured the phone and directory numbers.

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

Could you collect the following and attach it here:

++     show run

++     show flash

++     show version

++     MAC address of the IP Phone.

++     Is auto registration enabled?

Enable the following debugs, factory reset the phone and capture the output:

++     debug tftp events

++     debug ephone register

--

Harmit.

Hi,

Thank you all for your help. I had solve the problem. I just download the image for the phone 7975g which is compatible with on CME 7.1 then I typed this command TFTP-server flash:term75.default.loads then the phone download this image.

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: