cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OEAP Problem

bill.wittke
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up an 1131 AP for OEAP.  Everything is configured coeectly on the Controller, AP, and firewall.  I take the AP home and connect it to my network.  The AP connects to the controller as expected and broadcasts the WLAN's.

So that all appears to be ok.  The problem is when I connect to the WLAN, I never receive a DHCP address.  I thought it was my home equipment so I had another IT guy try and he had the same results.

Any ideas on what I may have missed or what the problem may be?

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where is the DHCP configured?? I request you to check the DHCP settings on the WLAN.. like OVERRIDE or the REQUIRED??

Regards
Surendra BG

DHCP is configured on my home router.  i don't have any problems getting addresses on my home wireless/network.  The 1131 even receives one of my private IP's.

I do have DHCP set to required on the WLAN.  But that has not been a problem for any of the HREAP configured AP's.  I'll try disabling it and see what happens.

Disabling DHCP Address required didn't help.  I have tried searching the logs on both the controller and the ap but there is nothing after the ap successfully connects to the controller.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card