Cisco WIP310 does not boot up

Unanswered Question
May 9th, 2010

Hello,

For some time now I am no longer able to switch on the WIP310 (v2). I have tried draining the battery, removing the battery... but everytime I switch the phone back on it just stays stuck on the Cisco logo with the radiating signals... I never gets to the home screen.

Is there a way to do a hard reset of the phone? In the manual I can only find references to factory reset but that assumes that you can boot the device...

Thanks,

Marco.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nseto Mon, 05/10/2010 - 10:46

Sounds like the firmware image is corrupted.  Download a wip310 firmware image at cisco.com and see if you can load that to the phone.

nseto Mon, 05/10/2010 - 10:46

Sounds like the firmware image is corrupted.  Download a wip310 firmware image at cisco.com and see if you can load that to the phone.

marcoakr8 Tue, 05/11/2010 - 01:12

Hi nseto,

I went to the Cisco download section and found the latest WIP310 Firmware download here:

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco WIP310 Wireless-G IP Phone > IP Telephone Firmware > 5.0.11

Extracted and ran wip310-5.0.11.exe. It tells me that the upgrade ran successfully but when I switch my phone back on, I get the same issue. It never gets further than the Cisco logo.

I even download the WIP310 Setup Wizard (WIP310_WiFiWizard-1.0.17) but it does not recognise the device.

Thanks,

Marco.

Actions

This Discussion