Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 - AD connection setup DNS failing to resolve address

Hi,

I am trying to configure the ACS with AD in the identity store but am running into the following issue.

I enter the AD Domain Name and username and password and hit the 'Test Connection' button and receive a DNS error stating that it 'Cannot resolve network address'.

I have logged into the CLI and test to the domain name from there and it works fine.

I am stumped any assistance would be grateful.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

kush.sri86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrew,

In the Active Directory configuration, make sure you have entered the full domain name. Along with this login to the ACS through SSH and make sure that the timezone and the time on the ACS and the AD is the same and make sure the ntp server is configured on the ACS CLI.

Here are the steps to do so:

Step 1: Set the time on the ACS corresponding to AD. Type the command "clock {set} [month day hh:min:ss yyyy"

Step 2: Configure the timezone. Type the command in the configuration mode 'clock timezone (timezone).

Step 3: Configure the ntp server. Type "ntp server (ipaddress/hostname).

Regards,

Kush

View solution in original post

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to enter FQDN like cisco.com and you would be good to go.

Regds,

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kush.sri86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrew,

In the Active Directory configuration, make sure you have entered the full domain name. Along with this login to the ACS through SSH and make sure that the timezone and the time on the ACS and the AD is the same and make sure the ntp server is configured on the ACS CLI.

Here are the steps to do so:

Step 1: Set the time on the ACS corresponding to AD. Type the command "clock {set} [month day hh:min:ss yyyy"

Step 2: Configure the timezone. Type the command in the configuration mode 'clock timezone (timezone).

Step 3: Configure the ntp server. Type "ntp server (ipaddress/hostname).

Regards,

Kush

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to enter FQDN like cisco.com and you would be good to go.

Regds,

JK

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Thanks guys.

All working now.

Can you please specify exactly what chnages you made to get it working ?

I have similar issue on ACS 5.2 but everything in config looks ok including NTP/timezone and FQDN for the domain name.

However I need to know specifically what changes you made and where so I can compare ?

many thanks,

G

Hi andrew,

Can share exactly what changes have you done. I hav ethe same issue with my setup.

Thnks

mbox23ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: