Replies

WS-X6748-GE-TX log : pm failed lock for admin change for Gix/x

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello community,

I would like to know if someone has ever met this kind of log :

*May 10 09:28:49.416: pm failed lock for admin change for Gi9/18

I meet this log on a WS-C6509-E (s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH3a) on a Gig interface of a module WS-X6748-GE-TX in slot 9. I meet this log after 'no shutting' the interface even after I reset the interface to default configuration.

Thanks a lot.

Karim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct. The full fix comes from two different bugs ID actually and only one of them is in SXH3a. You need SXH4 to be completely safe.

HTH

Laurent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Karim,

I think you hitted CSCsk19817 which is fixed in SXH4.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsk19817

HTH

Laurent.

Hi Laurent,

Thanks a million for your answer, it seems we are 100% hitting this bug as we are doing a shut/no shut on the interface and loosing the access during approximately 2 minutes.

The only issue being the cisco bug details indicating the bug is fixed in 12.2(33)SXH3 (we are in SXH3a)......Maybe you have a different information in your internal databases stating the bug is resolved in SXH4 for the 6500..

Thanks again.

Karim

Correct. The full fix comes from two different bugs ID actually and only one of them is in SXH3a. You need SXH4 to be completely safe.

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card