WAAS CM Backup

Answered Question
May 10th, 2010
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi,

I am currently using WAAS 4.1.5d and I know that the only way to backup the CM database is by the cms database backup command in CLI and then exporting the dump by FTP or SCP.

I was wondering if a script exists for CiscoWorks LMS or other management software/products to automate this process.

I'm also wondering if there's an enhancement request already open to add an automation of the backup process or at least a GUI button to perform that action...

Thanks,

Patrick Moubarak

Correct Answer by Zach Seils about 6 years 10 months ago

Here is what was requested:

"request that a GUI checkbox or scheduler (similar to pre-position scheduler) be created for CM backup. GUI backup would perform the same function as CLI "cms database backup" and would provide a "Browse..." style button or hyperlink copy to download the completed dump file to local disk"

Regards,

Zach

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Zach Seils Mon, 05/10/2010 - 06:57
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Patrick,

I am not aware of any pre-existing scripts.  In terms of enhancement requests, there is the following:

CSCse72013 - need GUI version of CLI "cms database backup"

Regards,

Zach

Patrick Moubarak Mon, 05/10/2010 - 07:02
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi Zach,

thanks for the quick response (as usual). The bug id is for Cisco employees only, so I can't view its details.

Can you tell me if this enhancement request would include an automatic FTP export step or save as through HTTPS or just the cms database dump being saved to the disk?

Can you tell me if this is scheduled for the next release 4.2 or later?

Thanks,

Patrick

Correct Answer
Zach Seils Mon, 05/10/2010 - 08:16
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Here is what was requested:

"request that a GUI checkbox or scheduler (similar to pre-position scheduler) be created for CM backup. GUI backup would perform the same function as CLI "cms database backup" and would provide a "Browse..." style button or hyperlink copy to download the completed dump file to local disk"

Regards,

Zach

Actions

This Discussion