Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS SNMP monitoring

Hi,

I'm need more information regarding entity and event SNMP traps. the guides are not really clear about what they are...

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Patrick,

These traps are associated with the ENTITY-MIB and DISMAN-EVENT-MIB MIBs.  The ENTITY-MIB provides basic information about the WAAS device, such as name, description, type, etc.  The only trap associated with the MIB is for an object called entConfigChange.  It is described as:

"An entConfigChange notification is generated when the value of entLastChangeTime changes. It can be utilized by an NMS to trigger logical/physical entity table maintenance polls."

The DISMAN-EVENT-MIB is used by WAAS for custom SNMP triggers.  You can configure custom SNMP triggers to monitor specific SNMP objects and generate a trap when a defined trigger is met (i.e. CPU utilization exceeds X over time period Y).

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Zach

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the information. May I know if the "DISMAN-EVENT-MIB" can be used also for custom trigger, say, the same TFO accelerator overloaded alert appears X times over time period Y? Should I use the "EVENT-MIB" and "CISCO-ENTITY-ASSET-MIB" instead?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

The custom trigger capability in WAAS requires reading one or more objects from an existing MIB.  Since we don't (yet) have a WAAS specific IB that would allow you to query the TFO overload state, the only option is to define a trigger based on the overload alarm that would be generated in the alarms table.  The alarms, which are what appear on the Central Manager, are exposed via SNMP in the CISCO-CONTENT-ENGINE MIB.

Regards,

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: