cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems in obtaining Cisco parts

DJames
Level 1
Level 1

I have just been informed by my reseller that there is a six month backlog in getting HWIC-1FE cards. Are any other users faced with the same problem?  I have got over 30 2811 ISR routers that I need an addional FE card in

3 Replies 3

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I might know someone that can get them sooner. I will let you know.

Mike

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I know someone we deal with that just told me he could get them in a few weeks. If interested let me know.

Mike

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since last March or April 2010, Cisco has been under fire from clients regarding the time it takes for the parts to arrive.  There were well-documented cases of some 6500 chassis and/or Supervisor and line cards with 3-4 months wait time.  It also involved a number of 4500 chassis too.

Cisco is privy for the reason which raised speculations that it had something to do with "re-tooling" which caused a major backlog to a number of  their component suppliers.

Right now, we are in the process of getting a number of 6500s.  One supplier said that it would take 21 days for the parts to arrive while another said a week.  Another one said they've got it and will deliver the next day.  So, in my opinion, shop around.  If you can't wait, be forewarned that you'll have to pay a premium.

Products/Lead time:

WS-C2960G-48TC-L
125-132 Days

WS-C3560V2-48PS-S
41-48 Days

WS-C3560G-48TS-S
62-69 Days

WS-X6148A-GE-45AF
28-97 Days

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/61015

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card