WLC 5508 and 1242 associating

Answered Question
May 10th, 2010
User Badges:

I have a 5508 running 6.0.196.0 and have a few 1142's currently associated to it.  I've been trying to get a 1242 to associate but it will not.

My WLC hands out DHCP to a wireless VLAN (950) and the 1242 gets an IP in this VLAN, but will not associate or showup as an AP.

Additionally,  I have a console cable connected and attached the output from the boot, but cannot get my settings to allow (via Hyperterm) to let me CLI.  I'm set at 9600, 8,N,1 and tried a few other settings.

Layer 1 - Good

Layer 2 - Good

Layer 3 - Good

The DHCP leases are above and can ping any of these, but only show the three 1142s in the controller.

Any thoughts as to why this won't showup?  How bout my hyperterm settings?

Thanks!

Attachment: 
Correct Answer by dancampb about 7 years 2 weeks ago

Most likely the you have flow control enabled in hyperterm which is why the AP won't respond to your input.  Make sure the terminal emulation program has flow control set to off.

As far as the 1252 not joining, the reason is because it is running an autonomous AP image, not a LWAPP/CAPWAP image.  This is seen if you look at the image name.  This has k9w7 which is autonomous images.  K9w8 are lightweight images.  You just need to convert this AP to lightweight.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
dancampb Mon, 05/10/2010 - 12:02
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Most likely the you have flow control enabled in hyperterm which is why the AP won't respond to your input.  Make sure the terminal emulation program has flow control set to off.

As far as the 1252 not joining, the reason is because it is running an autonomous AP image, not a LWAPP/CAPWAP image.  This is seen if you look at the image name.  This has k9w7 which is autonomous images.  K9w8 are lightweight images.  You just need to convert this AP to lightweight.

Actions

This Discussion