Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck Calls in UCCX 5.0(2)

larryar28
Level 1
Level 1

I have a case where a call was stuck in the queue for

45 minutes with agents logged in. Agents logged out and logged back in but call w

ould not come out of "stuck" state. Eventually, the call was dropped.

Any thoughts as to how this could happen.

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I feel your pain on this one my friend...

There are so many reason why a call can get "stuck."  If this is a chronic, business impacting problem, I suggest opening a TAC case to have your logs reviewed.

Otherwise, search the forums for other threads relating to this topic.

Do you know if the call was active?  What I mean is, was there a caller on the line for 45 minutes?  I doubt it, as most people will not wait 45 minutes.

There has been a long standing issue with phantom calls in UCCX, and in 7x Cisco provided a way to clear these calls without the need for bouncing the whole CRS engine.  So it's just something you learn to live with.

I would encourage you, if you don't already, limit the length of time a caller can queue, before you send them somewhere else.  Or, put some sort of notification in place (email, place call, etc) so you can address the issue, before it becomes a 45 minute call, followed by a disconnect.

I have been asked "how do you clear a contact in 7x?"

Attached is a quick series of screen shots that shows you what clearing a contact looks like.

I have a simular case where callers complain about no answer after long queue.

I did collect MIVR logs and CM CDR's and Contact Detail Report from one call.

This application has a main menu en calls are diverted to an other CTI RP with queu ivr script.

Might be related to the issue.

Any suggestion appreciated

Hi Antony,

I saw the print that You put in this discussion, but, I didn´t understand where You identify that this call is the Call is stuck?

Thanks,

Wilson

That's a good question Wilson.  Perhaps just by looking at the duration column, you will see that it has an exceedingly long duration, and you could assume it's the stuck call.  I hope that helps.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

I am sorry, but, what is  the column that You mentioned?

Thanks,

Wilson

The duration column.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

You speaking that the one call is stuck, because, of the 22 seconds?

Thanks,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: