Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address Pool in ACS 5.1

wbarboza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to configure IP Pools on ACS 5.1 so that we can assign those addresses to VPN users using the Policy Elements/Access Policies?

I managed to configure static addresses for single users, but not a pool of addresses to a group of them

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Unfortunately, In ACS 5.1, IP pool feature is not supported, please refer to the release notes, under the section 'Features Not Supported':

Relaese Notes
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/release/notes/acs_51_rn.html#wp122068

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Unfortunately, In ACS 5.1, IP pool feature is not supported, please refer to the release notes, under the section 'Features Not Supported':

Relaese Notes
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/release/notes/acs_51_rn.html#wp122068

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Thanks,

This way I will use a DHCP server for assigning IP addresses...

Wbarboza,

I would appreciate if you can mark this thread resolved so that other's can benefit from it.

Regds,

JK

~Jatin

Hello, reversely I have problem with assigning Fixed IP for users. Can you give me some advice how to do it? Thanks.

Someone in this forum posted a detailed procedure on how to assign FIX IP addresses... If you dont find it, I will try to check where I've found it...

If you can, please do it. I going through approx 20 articles on this forum now and still cant find anything relevat except this article.

This is something I previously put together

Thank you very much, it look very good. Do you think that is possible migrate fixed IPs from ACS 4.x to 5.2 if I will set this attribute as is said in your presentation?

I think the easiest way to do this is through

import / export

- create the new attribute for IP address

- export the users into a CSV file

- enter the IP address into the CSV file

- import the users back

Need to find a way to get the data out of 4.x and into the CSV file so some manual work will be required

Thanks for hint, I will try it tomorrow.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: