cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registration Rejected: Security Error

toddcarp123
Level 1
Level 1

I saw a couple similar posts, but no resolution...

I have a simple Sub/Pub cluster running 7.1(5).  7945's and 7965's with SCCP45.9-0-2SR1S register fine with Pub, but I get "Registration Rejected: Security Error" trying to register to Sub.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Todd

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Are you running security?

Have you tried deleting the CTL file?

Let us know

No security enabled...  It was actually due to the databases not fully replicating.  Had a DNS issue.  Once the replication was clean, it was able to register with the subscriber.

Mounir CHAGUER
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You have dbreplication issue between CUCM Publisher and Subscriber.

to resolve it, enter in CUCM Publisher console then use the command utils dbreplication stop all that will took some time then when will finished use the command utils dbreplication reset all.

Wait untill the dbreplication of Publisher and Subscriber will complet (use utils dbreplication runtimestate to see it) then register your phone in Sub.

Best Regard

TJ Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

I saw this same problem.  I had extensions 2000-2500 setup to auto register new phones.  After the first part of the large deployment, I started to see this problem.  I checked the dbreplication and that turned out good.  It turned out that all of the extensions for auto-registration had been used and the Call Manager tombstoned all of the extensions.  Once I went to the route plan report and searched for unassigned DNs, I found all of the numbers in the pool.  Once I deleted the unassigned DNs, I was able to auto register.

Hope this helps someone else.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: