Replies

cannot connect to port 47 in 2948G

guy.tetru
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I was stuck without as CATOS for my 2948g - and now I have one

Being all happy that I can finally put get my system back on it's feet,

Brought the system up to rommon, condole cable connected - and terminal working,

but - now I have no connectivity with port 47, which is as far as i know used for restoring the system -

it was perfectly working before in the rommon state, ans I had layer 3 connectivity as well - managed to connect to a TFTP ( only at that time I had no matching

CATOS to load.)

the cables i'm connecting connect with no problem with same PC to different switches, including another 2948g.

any ideas ?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hello

I was stuck without as CATOS for my 2948g - and now I have one

Being all happy that I can finally put get my system back on it's feet,

Brought the system up to rommon, condole cable connected - and terminal working,

but - now I have no connectivity with port 47, which is as far as i know used for restoring the system -

it was perfectly working before in the rommon state, ans I had layer 3 connectivity as well - managed to connect to a TFTP ( only at that time I had no matching

CATOS to load.)

the cables i'm connecting connect with no problem with same PC to different switches, including another 2948g.

any ideas ?

Thank you

Hi ,

If you want to restore the switch configuration check out the below link for more information:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a00800c4546.shtml

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

well. this is embarrassing

it is not the first 2948G, and it got stuck i my head, for same non understandable reason that port is 47,

no it's not. the right one to use is the 10M mgt port, right under the console one, so problem is resolved

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card