cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7941 - SCCP to SIP

Cisco IP Phone 7941 - with SCCP
Load : SCCP41.8-4-4S
Appl Load ID : jar41sccp.8-4-3-16.sb

We wanted to change it to SIP but in a normal procedure it is not downloading SIP firmware from TFTP.
Is there any specific way to upgrade it to SIP ?

Please help me

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why do you want to change to SIP?

You loose features but gain bugs doing so.

View solution in original post

I realize the person that low-rated my post above may have done that in error.

Below the guide to convert fimrware. It works with all models, not just 7940.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Be advised that Cisco does not provide 100% RFC-compliant SIP firmware for phones beyond the 7940/7960. It may take a fair amount of effort to get 79x1 or newer models to function with third-party SIP proxies. Just a heads up before you bang your head against the wall.

I do agree 100% with Jonathan, however to be fair to third party developers and their user base, the good ones have studied the Cisco phones in depth enough to have their solutions working well with them.

Let's be clear however, in my opinion there is no free or cheap "soft PBX" solution that beats CME, under all and any aspects.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why do you want to change to SIP?

You loose features but gain bugs doing so.

We do not have CCM, I wanted to use this phone in SIP environment....

I realize the person that low-rated my post above may have done that in error.

Below the guide to convert fimrware. It works with all models, not just 7940.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Be advised that Cisco does not provide 100% RFC-compliant SIP firmware for phones beyond the 7940/7960. It may take a fair amount of effort to get 79x1 or newer models to function with third-party SIP proxies. Just a heads up before you bang your head against the wall.

I do agree 100% with Jonathan, however to be fair to third party developers and their user base, the good ones have studied the Cisco phones in depth enough to have their solutions working well with them.

Let's be clear however, in my opinion there is no free or cheap "soft PBX" solution that beats CME, under all and any aspects.

thanks guru,

before this my customer was using soft-phone, last few days the quality of voice is very bad so  my supplier asked me to put hard-phone.

my customer is having this phone so we wanted to save his cost  for new procurement.

julienf28
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this to work. I'm on the same boat.

Thanks,

How did you solve your problem. I've same issue. Please help me out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: