cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 7.5 WebView installation problem

pslovinsky
Level 1
Level 1

We tried to setup WebView but we got stuck and now we are looking for some help.

Situation:

MCS-7845-Progger,AW

MCS-7835-IVR

MCS-7825-CUCM

2x Progger, 1x AW, 2xIVR, 2xCUCM

MS Windows 2003 Standard R2 + SP2

MS SQL 2005 + SP3

ICM v7.5.8

CTIOS v7.5.8

3rd Party Tools v7.5.1

RealVNC

We cannot add WebView Component.

We make standard installation:

1) Install IIS on AW server
2) Create the WebView Database
3) Install WebView 3rd Party Tools
4) Reboot
5) Add WebView component at ICM setup (THIS STEP FAILED, BECAUSE WE ARE UNABLE TO ADD WEBVIEW COMPONENT - please check attachment)

12 Replies 12

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I believe this is by design. Prior to 7.5 you could run WebView on an AW; now you cannot. Get another machine.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

we found in documents cc75srnd.pdf and wv75insg.pdf these sentences:

1) WebView can be installed on an AW or, to increase scalability, it can be installed on a standalone server.

2) WebView can be deployed on separate servers or co-resident with an AW Distributor with an HDS.
3) In a standard deployment, shown in the illustration below, WebView and the The Distributor Admin
Workstation co-resident on the same server.

So it seems that it is possible to install WebView co-resident with AW Distributor with an HDS.

Do you have any idea?

Thank You

Patrik

Patrik,

I just went throug the 7.5.8 install and had no problems installing WebView, did you enable it when you installed the real time distributer (AW)?  Run through the AW setup again and make sure you didn't miss anything.  Also, do you have enough hard drive space?

david

David,

our installation looks good. We made all steps by installation guide and still failed. We reinstalled 3rd Party tools and we got still problem.

We got enough hard drive space (126GB). We also check Loggers installation and "Historical Data Replication" are enabled.

In the attachement are installation of AW.

Patrik

Btw: Guys, thank you for your posts.

You're right that does look right and it does sound like you've gone through all the right steps.  I can't think of anything more off the top of my head, how about you turn this AW to an HDS, just for grins, and see if you can install WebView then.

david

That should not matter. I know you said for grins.

Due to the way you can decouple WebView from HDS, AW and so on, there is no way it would check for anything.

It cannot check for WV DB, AW DB, HDS DB, Distributor processes etc, because it can be installed on its own machine.

Have a look in the ICM install log and see why it won't let you add the WebView component.

Just for grins, try another box. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

LOL, if we're playing that game, then just for grins, install CUIS. 

david

You're running the installer from the media and not the bin directory, correct?

No, we are running from c:\icm\bin\ICMsetup.exe.

We will tomorrow open TAC case for that problem, because we dont have enough time for troubleshooting.

Thanks all for your posts and time

Patrik

Run the installer from the 7.5 base media.

Hi jp,

when we are running the installer from  the 7.5 base media (DVD), everything looks good.

Webview installed succesfully.

Thanks for your advice.

Patrik

Great great catch JP!

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: