cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD + copy employee phone book from one PC to another?

mbhnt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wondering if it's possible to create an employee phone book within Agent Desktop (ver 6.4.2.100) and then copy that from one PC to another (assuming it's stored on the PC?).

We have a site that needs a directory, and I had set up one in call manager, but it's horrible to navigate on the phone. The directory would have 50+ numbers in it, so I need to to be easy to set up and easy to navigate.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CAD stopped storing the user phone books locally starting in CCX 5.0 I believe. They are now stored in the slapd process on the CCX server that you have no direct access to.

You can create a phone book from Cisco Desktop Administrator that is accessible by everyone though. Cisco Desktop Administrator User's Guide 6.4 for  Unified CM

Thanks for that. So I can create a global list(s) but then they are visible to any CAD users. I really want to be able to lock down one list to one team, but it looks like it's not possible.

Sure it is; create a new Work Flow Group, assign the agents you want to it, and create the phone book at that level instead of globally.

Exactly.

Regards,

Geoff

Precisely.

Regards,

Anthony

Geoff/Anthony-

As usual, your answers are inspiring. +5; I need to work on getting my apparently excessive typing under control. Darn, here I go again.

That's a good one, Jonathan. I can't imagine any NetPro members would want to see you cut back.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the input guys. I've created a new work flow group, and assigned the agents - but I can't work out where to create the new phone book? It seems like I can only create one at the top level?

using CUCCe 5.0 build 6.4.2.12

Hi

I think the ability to split the phone book out on a per-workflow basis was introduced in V7.0 of UCCX.

You would open the workflow in the navigation on the left, and would see a phone book item under it.... same applies for a few other things like wrap codes I think.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hmm thought that might be the case. This is what i see:

That is certainly different to what I see in CAD 7.2.1.200 with UCCE.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: