I have a network which contains wired and wireless users.
Im looking for a nework management tool that can fufill the following criterias:
1. Fault management - proactively identify faults and send sms alert.
2. Configuration manmagement - update and backup configurations.
3. Accounting management - manage wired and wireless user access authentication
4. Performance management: monitor critical uplinks and send alert when threshold breaches.
5. Security management:intrusion prevention
I know that LMS meets criteria 1, 2 and 4 for wired networks, but can LMS manage wireless access points and wireless users?
I believe the current LMS doesn't support wireless APs and wireless users, is that correct?
I have a WLC to manage all the APs and all my APs are LWAPP enabled, do I need WLSE application?
Are there any products to address accounting (apart from ACS) and security management criterias?
This is my shopping list:
CW LMS 3.x: