Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA : Event queue is full-Dropping event

nicocallens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have currently a CSA v6.0.1.135 MC running with 3 CSA agent testmachines (winxpsp3). On the first day the CSA agent events were registered at the CSA MC. Since the day after the installation, no CSA events are appearing anymore on the MC. I checked the csalog.txt on the testmachines and MC and this log shows a lot of the following entries:

%CSA-6-TRACE: %[Component=Csamanager][PID=820]: Event queue is full-Dropping event #820

%CSA-5-FORWARD_EVENT_REMOTE_FAILED: %[Component=Csamanager][PID=820]: Failed to forward event number(s) 2-22 to component Csamcmanager60.

It seems like the event queue is full (local or MC?) and that the events are dropped, instead of uploaded to the MC.

Any idea what is causing the full event queue and how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Kind regards,

Nico

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Never seen that one before and I've broken quite a few MCs

Is that snippet from the host or the MC?  Are they still registered?  Restarted everything and checked Windows event logs on all?

Deployed another agent kit to another host?

So many places to look...

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer. The 3 agents are still registered and online. I even recreated and reinstalled the agent kits. The first day after the installation the agents register events on the MC after that day the event queue is full is appearing in the agents csalog.txt.

regards,

Nico

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds alot like a bug i encounterede a few weeks ago, i believe it was in the leventmgr.exe on the agent there was some bug, we replaced it with the 6.0.2 Beta version of leventmgr.exe which fixed it, so there probably is a bugid on this now, you should try a TAC case i think.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for sharing you CSA experience. I will inform with Cisco about the bug ID and open a TAC case.

regards,

Nico

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: