Views
Helpful
Replies

What Service stopped the BARS in IPCCX 5.02

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I will simulate a one fail in the generate backup ipccx and I did the procedure to generate the alarm. The first test I didn´t resulting, I change the username but the backup was generated without problem. I would like know what the service in IPCCX 5.02 is responsible to start the backup. I am to do this tests, because, my Customer would like alarm when occur any problem in backup IPCCX.

Thanks,

Wilson Santana

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I think what you are asking is roughly equivalent to stopping the CRS Engine, because you want an alarm generated, correct?

Well, with bars, there is no service that is always running.  It's a process that is kicked off at a scheduled time.

View solution in original post

That's surprising to me that changing the credentials to a known invalid value, still resulted in a successful backup.

If all you are trying to do, is create a failure so you can see what the alarm looks like, just use the alarm definitions to check out what's possible.

http:///appadmin/alarm?request_type=alarm.find&catalog=MCVD-BAR_CLIENT&alarmname=

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is not a service, rather a utility.  It's kicked off by a scheduled task.

Hi Anthony,

I am sorry, but, If I need stopped the BARS It is necessary only not scheduler nothing date? Is this?

Thanks,

Wilson

I think what you are asking is roughly equivalent to stopping the CRS Engine, because you want an alarm generated, correct?

Well, with bars, there is no service that is always running.  It's a process that is kicked off at a scheduled time.

Hi Anthony,

My Customer would like receive alerts when the backup presenter any problem. I did already the configuration, but, I would like simulate this situation to validate my configuration. In my first try I change the username, but, the backup was did without problem.

Thanks,

Wilson

That's surprising to me that changing the credentials to a known invalid value, still resulted in a successful backup.

If all you are trying to do, is create a failure so you can see what the alarm looks like, just use the alarm definitions to check out what's possible.

http:///appadmin/alarm?request_type=alarm.find&catalog=MCVD-BAR_CLIENT&alarmname=

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: