cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

decommisioning Unity 5

omgjames1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there something i need to do to decommision Unity 5? I upgraded to Unity 7 so I turned Unity 5 off, everything has been running fine so I would like to get rid of it, anything I need to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, upgrade steps in general - sounds like you bought new servers.  So, I'll assume you upgraded from 5x to 7x with new servers since you asked about just "turning off" Unity 5.  So, if this was in the same AD - you'd need to use GSM to move user accounts from one server to another.  If you've done all that and all works well (which I believe you said it was fine), then you can just turn off the 5x server and be done with it.

Hailey

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're done with all upgrade steps (GSM, etc), then you just need to shut down the servers.  Optionally, you can delete the server-specific accounts created (EAdmin, etc) but not really necessary and they are disabled accounts in the first place.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

upgrades on Unity 7?

No, upgrade steps in general - sounds like you bought new servers.  So, I'll assume you upgraded from 5x to 7x with new servers since you asked about just "turning off" Unity 5.  So, if this was in the same AD - you'd need to use GSM to move user accounts from one server to another.  If you've done all that and all works well (which I believe you said it was fine), then you can just turn off the 5x server and be done with it.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: