akhanwaterloo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

I am new to voice, we have in our environment

CISCO router 1800 series

CUE v 7.0

a small implementation at one location

ext 11 is autoattendant the user wants to have a voice mailbox attached to this auto attendant

first is this possible to have a voice mailbox assoictaed with the auto attendant and if yes how we can do that

if not what are other options

Thanks

Asif

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm assuming you have a menu in the AA script  (Press 1 for sales, 2 for customer service, etc.)? If so, you could, for example, have the caller press 3 for voicemail. This would trigger a call redirect step that would forward the caller to 1111 (or another number of your choosing). In my example, 1000 is the number that sends callers to voicemail. Your VM DN is likely different.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Asif,

Here's one way to do this. This assumes that your voicemail DN is 1000.

1. Create an ephone DN and call-forward all to voicemail

ephone-dn 1

number 1111

call-forward all 1000

2. Create a mailbox in CUE with the extension 1111

3. Create a Call Redirect step in your auto attendant script that transfers the call to 1111.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon

well user wants to keep the auto attendant at be active at all times.

so what i understood from your response is

create a new extension 1111

and in the auto attndant prompt script put an option to press 1111 to redirect call to voice message.

so am i correct ?

i did not understand why to call forward all to 1000

Thanks

Asif

I'm assuming you have a menu in the AA script  (Press 1 for sales, 2 for customer service, etc.)? If so, you could, for example, have the caller press 3 for voicemail. This would trigger a call redirect step that would forward the caller to 1111 (or another number of your choosing). In my example, 1000 is the number that sends callers to voicemail. Your VM DN is likely different.

Brandon

ok got it

thanks i will test

Thanks

Asif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: