blackberry registeration with CME

Unanswered Question
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 05/12/2010 - 05:38
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

No. Blackberry does not have a SIP client, so you cannot do that.

Juan Carlos Ari... Wed, 09/01/2010 - 11:46
User Badges:

Paolo, just to confirm, you can't register a blackberry even on a CUCM??  Cause there is no SIP client!!??

Thanks,

paolo bevilacqua Fri, 09/03/2010 - 05:59
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

I have heard that there is SIP solution for BB now. I don't remember the name, but I will update this as I get it again.

Otherwise use Cisco CUMA to reach the integration level with it documented.

Juan Carlos Ari... Fri, 09/03/2010 - 06:58
User Badges:

Thanks Paolo, I understand that CUMA is the better choice of integration, but I'll like to try a third party SIP software to do this, please update if you remember the name.

Thanks

auppal Thu, 09/09/2010 - 10:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Buy any sip voip client on BB and create an EZVPN config on the CME. If you need assistance with that download the cisco configuration Profesional it has a very good template that will help you configure it.

THanks

Ankur

paveltoleon Sat, 09/11/2010 - 13:22
User Badges:

It seems BlackBerry launched complete product - the BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System that can be integrated with CME:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/business/blackberry_mvs/

Here is Configuration Guide:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/20062/BlackBerry_Mobile_Voice_System-Configuration_Guide--1079341-0901073810-001-5.0.1-US.pdf

What I have noticed from document is that "the BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System integrates your organization's PBX phone system with the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server to extend desk phone features to BlackBerry devices". In other words you will need BlackBerry® Enterprise Server working as well for the system to function.

So I guess to install all it if you have only couple of BlackBerry phones is senseless.

I'm curious if it would be possible to use without BlackBerry® Enterprise Server having just simple client on the phone like Nokia Call Connect, for instance with Nokia E-series phones.

Actions

This Discussion