Views
Helpful
Replies

blackberry registeration with CME

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

I want to know whether one can install the client on blackberry phone same as nokia e71 and register the blackberry phone with cme via wifi. Can somebody provide the link for the documentation

Regards

Nareh

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. Blackberry does not have a SIP client, so you cannot do that.

Paolo, just to confirm, you can't register a blackberry even on a CUCM??  Cause there is no SIP client!!??

Thanks,

I have heard that there is SIP solution for BB now. I don't remember the name, but I will update this as I get it again.

Otherwise use Cisco CUMA to reach the integration level with it documented.

Thanks Paolo, I understand that CUMA is the better choice of integration, but I'll like to try a third party SIP software to do this, please update if you remember the name.

Thanks

Buy any sip voip client on BB and create an EZVPN config on the CME. If you need assistance with that download the cisco configuration Profesional it has a very good template that will help you configure it.

THanks

Ankur

It seems BlackBerry launched complete product - the BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System that can be integrated with CME:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/business/blackberry_mvs/

Here is Configuration Guide:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/20062/BlackBerry_Mobile_Voice_System-Configuration_Guide--1079341-0901073810-001-5.0.1-US.pdf

What I have noticed from document is that "the BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System integrates your organization's PBX phone system with the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server to extend desk phone features to BlackBerry devices". In other words you will need BlackBerry® Enterprise Server working as well for the system to function.

So I guess to install all it if you have only couple of BlackBerry phones is senseless.

I'm curious if it would be possible to use without BlackBerry® Enterprise Server having just simple client on the phone like Nokia Call Connect, for instance with Nokia E-series phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: