Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2 + IPMA

pmarques
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Running 4.2.3 in a cluster (PUB + SUB). Corporate Directory is DC.

In the IPMA Assistant Console, when searching the corporate directory some incorrect information is retrieved (it seems as if it doesn't retrieve the most recent  and accurate "version" of the corporate directory).

I already checked that the replication between PUB and SUB is up and correctly running.

I also restarted Cisco Tomcat.

No matter what I'm still getting old info from corporate directory even though the global directory has the correct info.

Which leads me to conclude that the Assistant Console might be requesting this file from any other place than CCM.

What am I missing over here?

Thanks,

Pedro Marques

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pedro,

One thing to keep in mind here is the dB replication and

DC Directory replication are two different things within CCM.

Have a look at this good doc for fixing these issues;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008012b3c3.shtml

Hope this  helps my friend!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pmarques
Level 1
Level 1

So after a few more troubleshooting I think I know what might be causing this. just don't know why.

One of the troubleshooting steps I did was to access the ccmuser/directory.asp on both PUB and SUB to guarantee that the information shown was the same.

And this is the bugger. It is not. Even though, apparently, replication between the servers is good, this information is not the same on both servers.

Because my IPMA service was setup to register first in the SUB (the one with the incorrect corporate directory entries) it got the bad info on the Assistant Console.

Now the question is, why the discrepancy between the Corporate Directory on both servers?

Is it that the replication between PUB and SUB is not good after all even though it shows the opposite way?

Thanks,

Pedro Marques

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pedro,

One thing to keep in mind here is the dB replication and

DC Directory replication are two different things within CCM.

Have a look at this good doc for fixing these issues;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008012b3c3.shtml

Hope this  helps my friend!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I'll go and try to check these DC issues.

In the absence of more good words for your extremely valuable contribution I award you with 5 more points

Thanks,
Pedro Marques