Views
Helpful
Replies

STACKWISE CABLES

kcornally
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We are currently trying to re organise our switching  topoloogy and  i have a question about stackwise cabling.

We use  3750 48 ports and 24 ports depending on how many ports we need. I have  included a link to what the phyiscal network will look like.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4426466/Drawing1.htm

Basically  we will set up a cluster of 3750 in a stack ( 8 in total) using  stackwise cables. However we will have three switches in cabinet 1 , 3  switches in cabinet 2 and 2 switches in cabinet 3. We hope to use 10 ft  stackwise cables to link these switches.

My question is this.

Because  we will not have the cables  physically connected sequentially will we  have a problem ?? So basically in cabinet one we will have sw1 cabled into sw2  --- sw2 cabled into sw3--- sw3 under the floor cabled into switch 1 in the next cabinet

I  am aware that we will lose half our our bandwidth across the stack but  not a deal breaker for us just yet. Any other concerns jumping out at  you guys !!!

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mages_mark
Level 1
Level 1

Your picture isn't coming up for me, but if I understand you - you are going

1a-2a-3a--10ft--1b-2b-3b--10ft--1c-2c

Is it possible to run a cable back from 2c to 1a?  Otherwise you'll lose your link if something in the middle fails....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco