Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP gateway SRST with dual LAN attachment

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have to configure L3 redundancy between a 3825 MGCP Gateway which also is the SRST Gateway and a L3 LAN at the distribution layer.

The customer wants to use OSPF. Ok I need 2 different /30 subnets on the 3825 interfaces plus a loop-back interface with a /32 network all advertised by OSPF.

For MGCP I can bind control and media flows to the loop-back.

For SRST I can configure the loop-back interface addresse as source of SRST.

Does anyone use such a configuration ?

Is it supported by Cisco ?

Usually I use bridging with irb and a bvi interface but my customer does not want to rely on Spanning-Tree.

Kind Regards

Guy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure. You can bind MGCP control/media to loopback. You can configure SRST to use the loopback. if you have conference/transcoding/etc. media resources, you can bind SCCP to loopback. You can also bind the H323 call processing to the loopback if you had a need to allow your SRST device to communicate with another router.

All of this is supported by Cisco and I use it on every deployment I work on because redundancy is important

I assume from your post that you know how to bind the call control and media channels to your loopback.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure. You can bind MGCP control/media to loopback. You can configure SRST to use the loopback. if you have conference/transcoding/etc. media resources, you can bind SCCP to loopback. You can also bind the H323 call processing to the loopback if you had a need to allow your SRST device to communicate with another router.

All of this is supported by Cisco and I use it on every deployment I work on because redundancy is important

I assume from your post that you know how to bind the call control and media channels to your loopback.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thank you so much for answering so quickly.

You are right I forgot the SCCP conference ressources. So I go on configuring.

Yes I know the 4 binding methods for theese 4 protocols. I did this in the pass when often I used WAN routers as PSTN/SRST gateways.

Kind Regards

Guy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: