We currently using LMS 2.6 running on windows server 2003 and for about some period of time we did disconnected the server and just reconnect back. Noticed that we were unable to launch the topology services. Whenever we try to launch the topology services, windows for ANI Server initialize will appear then nothing happened once the windows gone. Only blank grey screen.
Server and client using same java version, clear IE and Java cache but the problem is still there. How can we fix this so that we can view this topology services. Installed Java Plug-in ver 1.4.2_10 for server and client.
Please find the launching topology service screen capture and java error as attached.
Thank in advance.
Thanks for the update.
What version of client software are you running ? (i.e. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Linux , Mac )
What version of the browser are you using ?
Test this out with IE6 if possible or Firefox running the supported JRE client.
Since you have other JRE's installed, remove them all completely.
1. Remove and uninstall any JRE client plugins you have on your client. (i.e. Client meaning desktop OS)
2. Clear cache from Java Web Start > File --> Preferences --> Advanced" tab > Clear Folder.
3. Verify the file:
NMSROOT/campus/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/ani/clients/lib/util/LoadXmlProperties.class exists .
4. Create a new users account on your workstation and try accessing the topology services .
5. If it does not work on your workstation, test it out on a Windows XP workstation, not Windows Vista or Windows 7.
For these devices, if they are still in the DCR, remove them and re-add to LMS.
2010/05/17 13:16:02 ERROR DeviceManager: Unable to find device id=17748 for setting Sysname = VTBHA-HQQ-CE01-PEG01
2010/05/17 13:16:02 ERROR DeviceManager: Unable to find device id=5553 for setting Sysname = HQ-L13-C6506-01
The error implies you are trying to delete unreachable and unmanage devices from Campus Manager. I think the best thing at this point is to move forward with the upgrade recommended and see if the problem persists in CM 4.0.13.
1. Go to CSCOpx\lib\vbroker\gatekeeper.cfg and comment out the section fro multi-home properties section by placing "#" in front of the values below.
Save the files, stop the ciscoworks daemons services, and restart LMS. Is this a multi-homed server ?
2. Verify the DNS settings by doing an nslookup against "cwth" and ensure that its mapped to the ip address of 10.10.6.6 .
3. This is not related to the topology error but you are running Campus Manager 4.0.6 and the current version is 4.0.13, you can run an update from Common Services ---> Software Center ---> Software update --> Select all the applications ---> Download updates. The updates will only be downloaded so you must run the installers separately.
First login to the CiscoWorks LMS server itself and try running Topology Services and ensure that firewall is disabled. Does it work from the server itself ? If so, then the client on the workstation is the issue. Remove the JRE plugin from the client and then go to Topology Services so that it will prompt for installation.
Next, the netstat you provide still shows CiscoWorks LMS daemons as running for netstat_daemonstop.txt.txt.zip . Please ensure that all the services are completely stopped when doing the netstat -a -n -o -b including IPM and other CiscoWorks daemons . If the processes are hung, you should reboot the server to clear out the ports or terminate each process individually including javaw.exe .
Go to Common Services --> Software Center --> Software Update and post the screenshot of the software version you are running.