cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding shared extension to individual voicemail box

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

Is there any way to forward a shared extension to an individual voicemail box on the UC500? The shared extension and the individual voicemail box do not have the same extension.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have direct transfer to VM enabled, you can forward the shared line to the required mailbox by specifying the transfer to VM prefix.  So as an example, using a default CCA config, if you want a call on shared line 201 to go to the mailbox of extension 202, then forward the shared line (x201) to 6202.

Is that what you were looking for, or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have direct transfer to VM enabled, you can forward the shared line to the required mailbox by specifying the transfer to VM prefix.  So as an example, using a default CCA config, if you want a call on shared line 201 to go to the mailbox of extension 202, then forward the shared line (x201) to 6202.

Is that what you were looking for, or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Dave.

How do I turn on direct transfer to VM on the UC520?

If you are using CCA, just navigate to Telephony > Voicemail and check the box.  If you're not using CCA, then I'll have to dig out the config for you.  It's not that complicated, but there are a couple of different bits to it.

Cheers,

Dave.

What are the CLI commands for configuring this feature? I use features that are not yet CCA compatible, and I noticed that some of the things I have configured are recognized as invalid in CCA 2.2.

Here are the features that are incorrectly recognized as invalid instead of being left alone in CCA:

• Shared extensions using multiple ephone-dns
  • Octo-lines shared on multiple phones
  • Assigning a ephone-dn extension as a normal button on multiple phones

The config CCA generates for this feature is as follows (comments and formating are from me):

!

! Add a Transfer to VM softkey for phones that support them

!

ephone-template 16
softkeys seized Cfwdall Endcall Redial Pickup Gpickup CallBack
softkeys connected Hold Endcall Trnsfer TrnsfVM Confrn Acct Park
softkeys idle Redial Newcall Cfwdall Pickup Gpickup Dnd Login
ephone-template 15
softkeys seized Cfwdall Endcall Redial Pickup Gpickup CallBack
softkeys connected Hold Endcall Trnsfer TrnsfVM Confrn Acct Park
softkeys idle Redial Newcall Cfwdall Pickup Gpickup Dnd Login

!

! Restart phones so softkey changes take effect

!

telephony-service
restart all

!

! The create an ephone-dn that matches the xfer to vm prefix with as many wildcard

! dots as there are digits in the extensions.  So to transfer to x201's mailbox, you

! would transfer to 6201 in this case.  6201 routes to this ephone-dn which is call

! forwarded to VM.  So the call will go to voicemail with a redirecting number of 6201.

!

ephone-dn 88
number 6... no-reg primary
description  ***CCA XFER TO VM EXTENSION***
call-forward all 399
!

! The translation rule is used to remove the leading 6 that is applied to the

! redirecting number by the ephone-dn

!

voice translation-rule 2002
rule 1 /^6/  //
exit
voice translation-profile XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE
translate redirect-called 2002
exit

!

! This dial-peer is the one that points to voicemail.  Apply the

! translation rule to strip off the leading 6 from the redirecting number

!

dial-peer voice 2000  voip
translation-profile outgoing XFER_TO_VM_PROFILE
exit
!

! Finally, ensure that all transfers to 6xxx are performed as blind transfers

!

telephony-service
transfer-pattern 6... blind
exit

Hope that helps.  If you have any questions about how this works, please let us know.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi,

I have to say this feature is one of the cooooolest feature on the UC-500 to date.

I use it for some funky stuff since i learnt how to impliment it.. Thanks to you Dave

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: