cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Over VPN

Robert Juric
Level 1
Level 1

We resolved a VPN issue that was preventing us to be able to log in to CUPC over VPN. I am now able to log in, I can see my buddy list and their status, however the CUPC status in the bottom of the window is listed as "Offline (No Network)".

Server Health:

Logon Server: Not Connected - Disconnected
Phone Config: Downloaded
Presence: Connected
Desk Phone: Not Connected
Softphone: Not Active
Voicemail: Connected
Secure Messaging: Not Connected - Server Unreachable
LDAP: Not Available - Server Unreachable

What could be causing some of the servers to be connected while others are disconnected? We are running Microsoft ISA VPN.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is likely an ISA VPN configuration issue. CUPC creates separate connections to each system. For example, voicemail is an IMAP or secure IMAP connection, presence is a SIP connection, desk Phone is CTI, etc. All traffic is not tunneled through CUPS.

You will need to troubleshoot the individual protocols to understand why Microsoft's VPN product is not properly transproting them. A good place to start would be attempting telnet connections from the VPN-connected machine to the locations specified in the relavent profile on CUPS. Example: Can you telnet to your LDAP server's port as defined in CUPS?

JTPhilies_2
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar issue with our Cisco ASA's.

I would also suggest that you make sure the server names are resolvable from your remote connection (DNS). Test connections to your DC's and your CUPS and Callmanager server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: