Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection DRS stucks on Messages backup

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Unity Connection 7.1, try to run the Disaster Recovery System for the CUC backup. Whenever I checked the option of "CONNECTION_MESSAGE_UNITYMBDB1", the backup will stuck in the same amount size such as 1,046,336KB for the message option. The backup status stays at the same percentage, and the backup file size is not increasing anymore.

If I uncheck this message backup option, the DRS works fine.

Can someone help me to point out where I should look for the problem?

Thanks,

JJ

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are backing up a cluster, I have seen this issue when you try to backup everything on the Publisher.

Do the following:

Create a backup folder for the Pub.

Create a separate backup folder for the Sub.

Backup all components EXCEPT messages on the Publisher to it's dedicated SFTP location.

Backup all components INCLUDING messages on the Subscriber to it's dedicated SFTP location.

Messages may fail on the Pub but should succeed on the Sub and yes, it takes a long time for message store to be backed up...so just let it run on the the first pass in this config.

Hailey

PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS!

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi JJ,

There is also a known issue with the 1GB cap if you're using FreeFTPd.  The fix is to use something other than that server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/drs_administration/guide/7xcucdrsag.html#wp42127

TAC has also written some instructions on how to use CoreFTP which has also been used in the past:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8142

Hope that helps,

Brad

If that's your issue, I would recommend CopSSH...but I have seen your

issue independent of the sftp/ftp app file size limitation. However,

it's worth looking at that angle as well to see if the client is your

problem.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2010, at 5:50 PM, bmagnani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: