Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA and shared lines

Is it possible to forward calls from an AA to shared lines?  Is it possible for shared lines to be part of a hunt group where if AA transfers a call to a hunt group of shared lines and one or more of those shared lines are busy, the next free shared line would ring?

5 Replies 5

Yes, it is possible to forward from AA to a shared line. I have not tested the inclusion of a shared line in a huntgroup, but I don't see why it would not work. Is it not working for you? Are you using CCA? What type of huntgroup are you using, or planning on using?

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos, is there a way I could get verification of the scenario?  This is a feature I'll need in whatever I'm going to replace their system with...it would be helpful to know if the UC500 can function this way. Thanks for any info you can help with. -Don

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi donwbpa3donwbpa3,

Can you provide a brief description of what you want to achieve, sometimes peopel's terminologies are not the same and at the sake of looking like a dill I would like to be able to provide the right answer to you.

For instance, call comes in does it go straight to AA or does it go to a shared DN and then hit the AA after a period of time, and then the AA passes the call of to various destinations which could be a shared DN or a Hunt Group, what is the goal of the call flow?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks.  I am not using this system yet. I am considering replacing a spa9K because it can not do this.  The desired call routing behavior is for a call to come in,to a PSTN line, ring a shared line (shared between multiple sip and non sip VOIP sets if possible), upon no answer transfer to AA.  If user hits 0, ring a hunt group of shared lines.  The reason for the hunt group of shared lines is so that multiple calls can move thru the AA and ring thru to the shared lines even if one of the shared lines is in use by the first call, for example.  The reason for the shared lines is so people can place a call on hold and pick it up on another phone without having to use park or transfer.  I hope that description helps.  The 9K does not function correctly when AA sends a call to a hunt group that consists of multiple shared lines.  The 9K does not support shared lines in a hunt group.  Thanks for any info...just want to make sure of the capability before I head down this path. -Don

You can have a PSTN FXO, or PRI-T1, or SIP trunk DID mapped to a couple different hunt groups in UC500...

1- Sequential

2- Longest Idle

3- Peer (circular)

We also have a separate type of hunting called parallel hunt (Blast Groups), where everyone rings at once.

In all these cases of Hunting, multiple calls are accepted to the same polit number, and this allows multiple new calls to ingress into the system until all lines are busy, or none answer,  then as you say... you can have the disposition set to voice mail or AA.  The AA can offer a menu tree of many options which can again be hunt groups again.

As you said, when IP-PBX configuration (90% of UC500 deployments use this with trunks), the concept of HOLD and retrieve is different than Key System mode.  The benefits of share trunks outweigh dedicated circuit switched key system functions IMHO, but with UC500 you can sorta have your cake and eat it too. But in PBX Mode with hung groups, you do have to HOLD or PARK, then PAGE for someone else to pick it  up (or just TRANSFER it).

Even in PBX Mode, you can create a pool of shared lines which are then overlaid on a bunch of other phones, which allow a single DID number to ring all the phones (thus accepting multiple simultaneous calls), but this takes alot of extra configuration and becomes a bit more complex to manage.  If you do it as a cookie cutter, then no sweat, but when you start having many different one offs, it becomes complex to remember and manage.  This is really up to you and how you manage your practice.  You will need one phone with alot of buttons (5 if you have 5 members for example).  So like a 7970 for example.

Let us know if you are getting what you need, or ask clarifying questions and we will do our best to help.

Steve