Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Error message

sameermunj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team

we have ASA firewall configured in failover mode.since last 4-5 days we are getting following error in the syslog

2010-05-11 20:02:26 Local4.Error 10.232.0.11 May 11 2010 20:02:15: %ASA-3-210007: LU allocate xlate failed

i have checked the log message guide and as per the guide this is the sevarity 3 error message

Error Message %PIX|ASA-3-210007: LU allocate xlate failed

Explanation Stateful Failover failed to allocate a translation (xlate) slot record.

Recommended Action Check the available memory by using the show memory command to make sure that the security appliance has free memory in the system. If no memory is available, add more memory.

as per the system log we have 51% free memory but still the logs are continiously coming.

capture for show memory details are attached...

can you please suggest why i am getting this error when sufficient amount of free memory available..

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what version is your ASA? it could be a software bug.

Hi

version is 8.0

just to update this is known erroe  message and its observed error message guide for all version starting 7.0 to 8.3

my only worry is why the error is coming even when the the free memory is 51%

Eventhough the syslog error messages suggest that it might be a memory issue, I would recommend that you open a TAC case to get the memory depletion issue checked/confirmed to see which particular process is causing the issue. Memory on ASA is preallocated per block, and some processes might be sharing the same block.

If you check "show failover" output, there might be few errors due to the error messages as the stateful failover is not able to allocated the xlate slot record.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card