cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco config professional v2.1 - shipped with malware virus?

lburke
Level 1
Level 1

So,

Is anyone using version 2 of the config professional? I was evaluating it out for the bulk import feature for cme, but i keep getting avast malware warnings on various files that the ccp uses, e.g:

c:\program files\cisco systems\ciscocp\bin\launch\SplashScreen.exe

Infection: Win32:Malware-gen

Action: Deleted.

It seems surprising to me that cisco would release software riddled with malware, but it could be a false positive, however I have found that the following files are also 'infected' with the same virus:

c:\program files\cisco systems\ciscocp\bin\launch\IEC2.exe

c:\program files\cisco systems\ciscocp\bin\launch\CiscoCP.exe

I am also getting similar results when I tried it on a laptop with AVG installed.

Anyone else seeing these?

Liam

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the first report of this I've seen. Which Windows OS are you installing on and are you installing as an admin? Is it flagging any files other than exe's?

I'm getting the same message with Avira. My desktop, which has NOD32 does not give the error......

I'm thinking false-positive.

I don't see any issues with it here internally...does indeed look to be a false positive

Sorry for the late response,

Nope there was no other reports on dll's etc, just the exe's. I had been using it both on the laptop with Avast! and on the pc with AVG, both were fine until they both updated their AV definitions (3 days apart). Now both of them are reporting the virus's.

What anti-virus system are you using Davistan?

Many thanks!

Liam

Hi Liam

I'm using McAfee with the latest virus definitions.

Thx

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: