Internet access for clients

Unanswered Question
May 12th, 2010
User Badges:
Guys

Need some assistance on providing internet access at a branch site for clients. Any thoughts and suggestions welcome and appreciated

We have a number of branch offices connected over ISP managed MPLS network, any-2-any. I am looking at implementing some kind of internet access at the branch offices, either wired or wireless. We manage all the L1 and L2 connectivity at the sites, and the L3 side at our hub offices, of which we have 2, mainly for internet traffic etc, which isnt provided by our MPLS ISP

Currently all internet traffic for all sites goes to our data centre and is routed out through our firewall. Routing isnt an issue here, its more the best way to set this up securely.

My initial thoughts were to set aside a whole bunch of ports on a seperate PVLAN that would connect the clients to the network (I am not conerned about the clients talking to each other, as long as they cant reach the local vlans). But the problem may lie at the firewall end, as I will need to specify specific hosts for port 80, 443 traffic only. Would a seperate DHCP scope, of say a /28, allowing 16 hosts only be an idea? Then I wouldnt have to mess around with firewall changes for different hosts all the time

Thanks
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion