cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Software gets hosed up

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue after a call does the following.

Call comes into a script, and caller enters an extension (non-icd).

Call is redirected to extension.

The extension is in a group of extensions that forwards to a route point then to a trigger for a script to handled missed calls.

The script sends the call to a queue.

The agent gets the call from the queue, but their agent hangs in a reserved state with the last prior calls varibles showing.

I'm seeing similar problems anytime a call comes from a script to a non icd extension and returns to a script and is sent to queue.

Does anyone know how to correct this instability from within a script?  I've tried delaying the call for longer when see it comes from the forwarding route point, but this does not appear to help.  This is annoying since the agent software has to be restarted to begin taking calls again and they have to notice that it has happened.

Call Manager 7.1.5.10000-12

Cisco Application Administration 7.0(1)SR05_Build504

Thanks in advance,

Bill

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm pretty positive what you are doing in not supported, I just can't find the document at the moment.

Basically, CCX doesn't behave well when:

You accept a call and redirect it to a DN that's CFA to another trigger

or

You accept a call and redirect it to a translation pattern that translate to another trigger

I think I'm right on this, but my inability to locate it in writing is lowering my confidence level.

EDIT:  I did find a bug that specifically addresses the translation pattern limitation.  CSCsk19574

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Problem is, that so much is not supported.  I believe I found a work around for this issue though.  I've changed the forwarding to only forward back to the script if the call is a forward no answer internal or external and removed all other forwards.  So now the script won't allow the redirect to send the call to them if they are not logged into a softphone.  The forward Unregistered Internal and External was causing my issue by having a route point that led back to a script.

If someone calls them directly internally they get an off the hook tone, if they are logged off.  If someone tries to transfer them a call, it does not allow it unless they are logged in.

If they are logged in and don't get the call by the RNA setting, the call gets fired into the script to go to an operator.  This looks like a new call to the system and the users extension is the original route point and scripts handle the call fine. When it was forwarding for the other reasons, the call maintained it's prior history of being thru a script and caused a problem.

I was new to scripting on the last build, but realized quickly that a script could not pass a call to another scripts trigger without causing crazy things to happen.  I now just call another script as a subflow and pass it the varibles I want to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: