cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N Dropping Connections w/Solid Red Diag light

mdavidson58
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new WRVS4400N.  I have 5 users behind this router and it is controlling access to a Comcast Business network with 20 Mb downstream and 5 Mbit upstream.  We are using a hosted SIP PBX with 4 phones.  We also are using a hosted exchange email service via HTTPS.  Finally, the only other service we use is simple web browsing.  We are seeing periodic outages where the router drops all connections upstream for a few seconds.  The RED Diag light stays on solid but the router continues to operate but in a very degraded mode (performance is VERY erratic and the device randomly drops ALL connections)

I have DISABLED the SPI fiewall, I have disabled DoS, I have enabled and disabled SIP gateway (we use an internal STUN service so we technically do not need it) and have disabled the IPS functions.  I am running version 2.0.0.8 of the firmware.  I continue to get issues.  After resetting the router, things run fine for an hour or so before the problems begin again.  This is now really causing issues with our voice not to mention other issues.  Has anyone seen this issue before?  What have you done to resolve it?

Mark

4 Replies 4

dgersten52
Level 1
Level 1

out of the blue i started getting this same problem today.  when i was able to get a connection if i tried to login to the router it would shut itself off.  on a hunch, i swapped out the 12 volt power supply with one of many that seem to accumulate around here.  it rebooted, and started working.  red light is out and previous firmware settings seem to be intact.

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you for your posting. There is a newer firmware release for this router that is available at Cisco.com. The latest firmware for

this router is 2.0.1.3. I would try updating to the newer firmware and see if this corrects your problems. Also it is suggested after the firmware

upgrade to reset the router back to factory defaults.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business SUpport Center

thanks for the update.  i have been unable to update my router since 1.1.13.  i can start the firmware upgrade process but then it comes back and says the image file is incompatible with my router.

i tried doing the upgrade with this new version and get the same error:

the good news is that a 3rd party 12 volt power supply seems to be powering the router just fine.

=====

the actual error message is:

Upgrade file is not the correct type or version for this device.

Upgrade failed.

Please obtain the correct file and try again.

Yes you have a Version 1 Hardware router and you would not be able to update to the Version 2 Harware firmware which is the

2.0.1.3.  You are at the latest firmware for your hardware version of your router.  If you continue to have problems maybe give us a call

at the Cisco Small Business Support Center 1-866-606-1866 so that we can open up a case for you and troubleshoot with you. 

THANKS

RICK ROE

Csico Small Business Support Center

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: