cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE: Forceful Release an Agent Call from ICM Script, Can I?

Hi, let me explain the requirement first. Customer wants to make their IVR free of cost but they want to start billing only when the call is landed to skill group/agent. So far I can think to make it possible by triggering their billing server by ODBC gateway through Application Gateway process. But also the customer wants to release that particular call when that pre-paid caller is out of charge. They might trigger one of my application or can modify any particular database field and put the calling# into there and my task would be release that call.

I have thought an idea to develop a TCL script run into the voice gateways and release the call from there by searching the particular call with calling#, but I do not know TCL scripting or any idea how to develope TCL , can't I release that call from ICM script? Do I have any control on calls from ICM when the call is landed and connected to agent?

Any help would be hightly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

That's a nasty piece of work. Just imagine how jacked off you would be if you are the customer, you have enough in your bank account to get to an agent who is then starting to help you, and in the middle of your conversation you are simply cut off!

I don't think it's possible - although CVP would be your best shot because of the switch leg.

But not only that, I don't think it is desirable. If you check the customer's balance before going to an agent, that should be sufficient. Anything else is just terrible customer service.

Regards,

Geoff

I agree with you sir, but sometime we don't have any option left when management decides anything like that. As per their opinion it will decrease the habit to contact with agents directly and increase the habit for IVR self-service as most of the services are incorporated there.

Anyway, besides those let's point to the technical possibilities, can I search a particular call in CVP? either from VBAdmin or from somewhere else? And also do I have control on that?

How about doing this from the agent software instead? Customizing CTIOS is a thousand times easier than trying to do something at the call switching layer. You could even force a transfer back to an IVR script instead of just hanging up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: