VoiceView Express and Channel Huntstop

Unanswered Question
May 12th, 2010

I have a client who utilizes 7925 wireless IP phones. They wish to only handle one active call at a time. I have implemented the huntstop channel command under the appropriate ephone-dn. This works perfectly for them, except...

They also make use of VoiceView Express to check voicemail, and several GDMs. Since VVE is an XML application, the act of listening to a voice message doesn't tie up an ephone-dn channel, so the huntstop channel has no effect. They are having an issue because they will be listening to a voicemail and the ring tone with ring superimposed over top of the voice message.

I have also noticed that is someone is listening to a voice message using VVE on the handset (not speakerphone) that the incoming call will cause the voice message and superimposed ring tone to be played over the speakerphone while the ring tone is being played.

Anyone have any suggestions to prevent an ephone-dn from ringing while the VVE application is in use?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Marcos Hernandez Wed, 05/12/2010 - 08:32

This is obviously a bug. Does it only happen with the 7925? If so, please open a case so we can track it.

mega-byte Wed, 05/12/2010 - 11:58

What piece are you viewing as a bug? Ringing while VVE is in use? Or the audio anomalies with the ring tone?

The particular customer only uses VVE on the 7925. I have not attemped to use VVE on a corded IP phone to see if the same problem exists.

This Discussion