cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP Outside Access Issues

xxjones24
Level 1
Level 1
I have my FTP server set up and ready to rock. I have an ASA 5510 which I believe is the culprit to my Outside Access In issues.

I can connect to the FTP server using command line no problem..I can log in and get files (all tested from my home over public internet). I cannot connect via FTP Client (Filezilla, IPSwitch), Internet Explorer, Firefox, Windows Explorer, etc... I get the Login Prompt but does not throw me in my home directory. I believe the message from the web browser said something like: server has been reset...?

Maybe an ACL issue - not really sure. I have one ACL entry: access-list outside_acccess_in extended permit tcp any host "ftpserver".

Any suggestions welcome - and let me know if you need any other info. Thanks.

PS: I can access the FTP server with any of the above methods LAN-side. Only using command line ftp can I access it from public.
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(1)
Device Manager Version 6.2(1)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check if you have ftp inspection under the default policy-map?

If not please enable it and test again.

If yes, then reproduce the failure and enable "debug ftp" to see what the debugs have to say. Also check the logs to see if the ftp data channel is blocked.

I hope it helps.

PK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check if you have ftp inspection under the default policy-map?

If not please enable it and test again.

If yes, then reproduce the failure and enable "debug ftp" to see what the debugs have to say. Also check the logs to see if the ftp data channel is blocked.

I hope it helps.

PK

Thanks PK! I enabled policy inspection for FTP which seems to have done the trick. I'm now able to hit the root of the FTP Server via Web Browser, Graphical FTP Client, etc. Thanks again - so much.

I am glad it worked!

Take care,

PK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: