Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem displaying posts

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan / Tim

Seem to be having a problem that has cropped up yesterday and today.

I have just posted a response into the thread about ratings in this forum and the respnse has had to start a 2nd page. Trouble is i can't see that response on the 2nd page, i just get a blank page.

Yesterday i was involved in a thread with Mike -

STP thread

in this thread also i posted a response that had to go at the start of the 2nd page. Mike then responded. I can see Mike's response on the 2nd page but i still can't see my one.

On a more general note, the display of the 2nd page over the last week has changed for me. When i go onto it the first half of the page is just blank and then i can view the responses.

Any ideas ?

Jon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Under the "account' drop-down you will see a link to "prefernces".  Change the setting from flat to threaded.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dan / Tim,

I've noticed the same problem as Jon today. I click on a post and I see a HUGE displaying post box, but nothing's in it. When I try to hit the back button, it says that my session has expired. The session expiring doesn't happen all of the time.

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

I'm not seeing this issue.  What browser are you all using?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Dan

I use Firefox on Ubuntu. The blank half page has been there a week or so for me but i can still view posts.

The really weird one for me is not being able to view my post if it starts the 2nd page.

Jon

Jon,

Is it just your posts that are missing?  If so, I'm thinking it might be your HoF badge but we'll have to investigate.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

dbruhn wrote:

Jon,

Is it just your posts that are missing?  If so, I'm thinking it might be your HoF badge but we'll have to investigate.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan

I can see Mike's response on the second page in the STP thread. Perhaps if you post a quick response in the forums thread i can see if i can read it.

Haven't actually tried responding to Mike's post on the 2nd page because we had ended the thread so if you respond on the ratings thread i can do a quick test reply to see if it's just the first post on the 2nd page.

Jon

Jon,

I just posted a test reply to the STP thread.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Just replied in that thread.

Dan,

I use Firefox on Windows 7. It doesn't seem like, at least for now, that the problem follows IE. I can see everything fine in IE.

Thanks,

John

Here's a screenshot...hope this helps:

Dan

Quick update. It appears it's not just if i have posted first on the 2nd page. Have a look at this thread, page 5 -

ASA thread

on page 5 i believe the first response should be from Stephen Lewis but the first response i see is from Federico.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Can you do me a favor and try viewing the discussion in the threaded view and see if it works?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Dan

Happy to if you tell me how to do that

Jon

Under the "account' drop-down you will see a link to "prefernces".  Change the setting from flat to threaded.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Dan

Thanks. Yes, with threaded i can view my missing posts. Any issues with me sticking with threaded ?

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links