cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder

lyle.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

I have ER and it is all working great exept for one user, an attendant console user, she does not recieve the voice message from Emergency Responder. Her set will ring but no voice message is there only dead air and if she does not answer the phone she will get a message waiting light but again no message. Any ideas on what to look for or know of any issuses with ER and attendent console???

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

What do you mean "Emergency Responder"?  Are you talking about CER (Cisco Emergency Responder)?

I don't think CER would leave messages for attendant console user.  Or you were talking a different product happened to have the same name?

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Just because AC is contolling her line, her phone should ring like normal. Check the logs on
CER for errors, and that CTI Ports Calling Search Space includes her line's Partition.

I have checked the logs for errors but don't see anything wrong, as well as the CTI ports and it is correct. Her set does ring like normal but when answered there is no audio stream from CER just dead air. Same thing if the call goes to voice mail the MWI light comes on but no message , just dead air. This is odd as it works for all other users but the one using attendant console?? Where is the audio stream??

Jason raises a good point.  Attendant Console is really two things; it's an application that runs within (or on top of) CallManager that handles call routing and queuing for AC Pilot Numbers and AC Users, and it is a desktop client for call control.

If the CER message is coming in on a standard line appearance on the attendant's phone, the fact that the Attendant Console application is running shouldn't have a difference.  If, however, the message is coming in on an AC Pilot Number, then there could be something else at play here...

However, first, the obvious; CER is able to play out messages to some phones, but not to this one.  Is the attendant's phone on the same voice subnet as a phone that is able to hear the message?  The fact that the call comes in, but there is no audio makes me thing routing problem or ACL/firewall between the CER server and the attendant's phone.

Yes the attendants phone is on the same subnet as a phone that is able to hear the message and I have tested sending the call to both the AC pilot number and the DN of the phone with the same results. I'm going to span the ports and see if I can pick up the RTP stream coming from CER, in hopes to see if this is a Call Manager trouble or CER.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: