RAID Error email

Unanswered Question

Hi There,

I received the following email and I am wondering what the process forward is?  It says to open a case via help in the blocker webpanel but it asks for an email address which I dont have.

This unit is about 2 months old...

Here is the email..

The Warning message is:

A RAID-event has occurred:

RAID disk 0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
RAID disk 0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
RAID disk 0: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE RCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
RAID disk 0: WARNING - SETFEATURES DISABLE WCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
RAID disk 0: WARNING - SET_MULTI taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
RAID disk 0: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (1 retry left) LBA=87941055

Version: 6.6.1-016
Serial Number: 002219D583C7-HVVVTH1
Timestamp: 12 May 2010 12:37:05 -0400

To learn more about this alert, please visit the Cisco support Web site.

Additional assistance is available through a Support Request. From Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker,
go to the "Help and Support" menu in the upper right corner of the page and select
"Open a Support Case".

Thank you.

Thanks,

Jake

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mpyhala Wed, 05/12/2010 - 15:25

Hi Jake,

Please call Cisco Small Business Support at 1-866-606-1866 for assistance. Ask the answering engineer for their email address. Enter that address in "Open a Support Case" to send the config file to that engineer so they can further assist.

dzavasni Thu, 05/13/2010 - 11:41

Greetings Jake,

Looks like your error is resulting in a DMA write error, indicating that there is an issue with the RAID itself. Unfortunately this will result in an RMA so that we can replace the appliance. You might want to back up your config so that you can easily migrate it over to the new unit when it arrives. As MPyhala suggested, give a call to 1-866-606-1866 and we will get the RMA under way for you.