Views
Helpful
Replies

Licenses on 3900 series routers.

nitsg.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Could you please help me to get this query answered.

I need to know if we order 3900 series router so will I get the licenses pre-loaded or hard copy (CD)?

If this is written somewher please share.

Thanks

Nitin

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear All,

Could you please help me to get this query answered.

I need to know if we order 3900 series router so will I get the licenses pre-loaded or hard copy (CD)?

If this is written somewher please share.

Thanks

Nitin

Hi Nitin,

When you order a new ISR G2, it is shipped with the software image and the corresponding permanent licenses for the packages and features that you specified, preinstalled. The software does not need to be activated or registered prior to use.

Check out the below link for more information:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2900/hardware/installation/guide/Software_Licenses.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Thanks Ganesh for your valueable information.

Could you please also help me to get the resolution for the below query.

We have ordered a 3945 router with UC, Data & Security license but we forgot to add FL-SRST & FL-CME-SRST-100 licenses.

now router is delivered at site so my query is that can we get SRST feature by ordering the above specified licenses.

I have checked the ordering guide and found FL-CME-SRST-100= spare license but i m not getting FL-SRST license which is a zero price license.

will I get this license as E-delivery?

please help.....

Thanks

Nitin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card